Bowling Green State University Bowling Green, OH
- Creative Writing with a minor in criticism and modern thought; poetry specialization.
- Louise C. Cooper Book Award for Outstanding Senior BFA Thesis at BGSU (2012).
- Pushcart Prize Nominee (2013)
Prairie Margins (Literary Journal) Bowling Green, OH
Poetry Editor/Web Manager/Staff Member January 2012 – June 2013
IMPRINT Entertainment Atlanta, GA
Content Writer July 2018 – October 2018
- Skilled in creating pieces of writing consisting of reviews relating to film and music; poetry, fiction and other forms of creative writing; literary criticisms; argumentative essays; observations, reflections, and recollections of daily life; and academic and technical forms of writing.
- Trained in selecting and preparing written text through the processes of correction, condensation, organization, and other modifications performed with an intention of producing a correct, consistent, accurate, and complete product.
- Experience with supervising staff discussions for critiquing poetry submissions to rank them as accepted or rejected. Proofreading and editing accepted texts for grammatical accuracy before publication. Further supervision of editing and proofreading process.
- Experience with stylizing and updating organization websites with discrete entries on publication process news, fundraisers, and promotional events.
- Experience with copywriting for product advertising and event advertising.
- Experience with writing a backgrounder and compiling components of media kit.
- Experience in writing coverage for events including theatrical performances and concerts.
- Lingerpost #4: “Dilation of Late”
- Permafrost #35.1: “Ambedo”, “Mahpiohanzia”
- Prairie Margins 2013, The 50th Anniversary Issue: “Ambedo”, “Dilation of Late”, “Drink Your Coffee, but Drink It Slow”
- The Miscreant Magazine #11: “How to Stay Home at Night”
- Gravel September 2016: “How We Crack Each Other in the Late Dark”
- The Hamilton Stone Review #35: “String & Rift”, “When You See Me, I’m Moon-Sized”
- Punch Drunk Press: “2 Monsters at Dinner”
- The Birds We Piled Loosely #15: “Salt”