Andrew Spiess’s poetry has been previously published in Lingerpost, Permafrost, Prairie Margins, The Miscreant, The Hamilton Stone Review, Gravel, Punch Drunk Press, The Birds We Piled Loosely, and PopMatters.
Andrew is a recipient of the Louise C. Cooper Book Award for Outstanding Senior BFA Thesis at BGSU. In 2013, I received a nomination for a Pushcart Prize for my poem titled “Ambedo.”
He has worked as a freelance copywriter and an editorial writer, providing news articles, event coverage (written and photographic), film reviews, and music reviews.
Andrew currently lives and works in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Lingerpost #4: “Dilation of Late”
- Permafrost #35.1: “Ambedo”, “Mahpiohanzia”
- Prairie Margins 2013, The 50th Anniversary Issue: “Ambedo”, “Dilation of Late”, “Drink Your Coffee, but Drink It Slow”
- The Miscreant Magazine #11: “How to Stay Home at Night”
- Gravel September 2016: “How We Crack Each Other in the Late Dark”
- The Hamilton Stone Review #35: “String & Rift”, “When You See Me, I’m Moon-Sized”
- Punch Drunk Press: “2 Monsters at Dinner”
- The Birds We Piled Loosely #15: “Salt”
- Band bio for Moths in the Attic
- Jeff Baena Explores the Intensity of Mental Illness in His Mystery, Horse Girl – PopMatters
- 30 Years of The Jesus Lizard’s Emotional, Meaningless ‘Goat’ – PopMatters
- ‘The Immortal Hulk’ Finds Bruce Banner Coping with Internal and External Horrors – PopMatters
- 40 Years of the Ramones ‘Pleasant Dreams’ – PopMatters
— More at PopMatters.com